PDA

View Full Version : My first Harley

Frank
07-27-2016, 07:52 AM
For as long as I can remember I always wanted a Harley Davidson Motorcycle but funds have never been available to make this happen. Yesterday I made this dream come true. I purchased a 1998 HD Dyna Glide Low from a used bike dealer and I'm totally ecstatic. Everything I heard about the ride and feel of a Harley was true and now I know I'll always be a Harley rider. I just wanted to share this with all of you and look forward to following this forum in the future.

Greg
07-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Awesome!! That's what it is all about. Feeling good and having fun! Congrats on your purchase.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FXRSLowride
07-29-2016, 10:02 AM
For as long as I can remember I always wanted a Harley Davidson Motorcycle but funds have never been available to make this happen. Yesterday I made this dream come true. I purchased a 1998 HD Dyna Glide Low from a used bike dealer and I'm totally ecstatic. Everything I heard about the ride and feel of a Harley was true and now I know I'll always be a Harley rider. I just wanted to share this with all of you and look forward to following this forum in the future.

Exciting. I remember the first time I was able to buy my own bike. Just like the day I got married. Special.

Frank
08-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Exciting. I remember the first time I was able to buy my own bike. Just like the day I got married. Special.

I've been riding for over 40 years but only on brand x bikes and always wondered what was the thing that made Harley's special and now I know. I feel the same way like the day I got married but I'm not going to tell my wife.

Hamilton
08-07-2016, 02:17 AM
I have always wanted one and I am still saving for it. I know it will be an immense feeling (I hope I will not be too ecstatic about it). My uncle owns a 1999 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide and I hope he agrees to sell it to me some day.

Snoviper
08-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Congrats on the new bike, got my first Harley back in May and loving every minute! :D

Frank
08-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Congrats on the new bike, got my first Harley back in May and loving every minute! :D

Yeah me too the more I ride it the more I love it, as a former Honda owner I can now see what all the fuss was about. Best motorcycle ever! I'll never go back to Honda's again.

KeithMU
08-18-2016, 07:03 AM
Congrats, still saving up myself. Did you have a specific budget to stick to or did the bike jump out at you? Stuck between getting an older bike and revamping it and buying something I can ride straight away.

Frank
08-23-2016, 08:06 AM
I set certain parameters while shopping 1.the bike had to be a Harley 2. budget constraints 3. had to be a dealer for trade-in purposes 4. condition had to be very good. 5.Needed to be at least a 1200 sportster but a Dyna was my real target. 6. location and that was something I could be flexible about. 7. options (saddle bags windshield back rest (for the wife) again this was flexible because if I found the right bike I could always buy that stuff later. it took me almost 2 years to find the right bike but I'm happy.

nickdee88
08-29-2016, 12:51 PM
I cannot imagine how purchasing my first ever Harley will feel like. Part of the reason for my anticipated excitement is because most of my friends own a Harley and they always go on and on about what a good brand this is. Like you Frank, I have purposed to only buy a bike that will be in a really good condition.

droidinite412
03-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Thats awesome man. Im still looking for one myself. Im going to look at a wide glide this weekend. I rode a cbr600 for years, traded that and got an intruder 1500 and just sold it to buy a harley. Now i have to find the right bike for me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Greg
03-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Thats awesome man. Im still looking for one myself. Im going to look at a wide glide this weekend. I rode a cbr600 for years, traded that and got an intruder 1500 and just sold it to buy a harley. Now i have to find the right bike for me.

Take your time and don't rush. This is an important life decision! Let us know what you decide.

droidinite412
03-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Take your time and don't rush. This is an important life decision! Let us know what you decide.

Will do

droidinite412
03-23-2017, 06:11 AM
2010 Wide Glide. Man i love this bike. I shouldve got a harley when i first started riding.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170323/6c5b30e88722d24350405f33541e9eca.jpg