PDA

View Full Version : Harley Model Confusion

Riddik
10-18-2016, 04:38 AM
I just picked a bike that looked good to me because I really wanted a Harley and I wanted it fast! Now I'm wondering about the difference in all the models. Other than the usual 'specs' are there other general guiding ideas behind each model? For example, like Low riders have a low center of gravity?

Frank
10-18-2016, 08:55 AM
One thing I am just learning is that for a lot of Harley Davidson motorcycles the differences are very minor. I'm new this year to H-D motorcycles and it's been quit a learning curve. I road only Honda's for thirty years and now I'm trying to learn as much as possible about my current bike 1998 H-D Dyna Glide Low Rider FXDL which stands for Factory Experimental Dyna Low Rider. H-D's lettering designations can be and are very confusing and I've been trying to figure out what some of them mean. Makes you dizzy!

corkita
12-28-2016, 12:56 PM
In my opinion, the best way to experience a good Harley is by purchasing any model and going through a learning curve, just as Frank has mentioned. I also agree that the differences are quite minor.

Riddik
12-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Thanks for you replies, guys. That is really great to know. I was experiencing a bit of 'buyer's remorse' for a while, but now I'm totally happy with my choice. I don't think that I would be happier with a different model.

djanana
01-04-2017, 01:29 AM
I used to love Honda but not until I discovered HD. In my opinion, this brand is up there, in comparison to the rest. As mentioned by all of you, there is great value in owning a Harley; I hope mine will give me service for a couple of years.

catmando
03-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Hmmmmm.... for someone new, sportster too a dyna too a heritage classic.....3 totally different bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk